Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6, 2015

My first blog post of the new year.  On a subject I have never posted about before. But I know so much about.  Single parenting.  And the only way I know how to do single parenting is with God at my side.  Honestly, I can't imagine doing it without Him. 
For most I my children's lives I have been a single parent.  Maeghan is 18, DeLayne is 17 and Samuel is 11.  I also have a grandson Joey who is 1.  I have been married 3 times for a total of 6 years during the girls' life and 3 years of Sam's.
I became a Christian when Meg was 4 months old.  In my sister's church in Phoenix, AZ. I grew up in a Christian environment, but i didn't I didn't understand until that moment what being a Christian meant until that moment.  My life didn't change overnight, my struggles were still there, but I had someone to walk them with me.
2 Months later I found I was pregnant with my second daughter and I felt my world crashing down.  I felt trapped. But God carried me through until I could pull myself out and leave the abusive situation I was in.  He walked with me every step of the way, through all the fall out of the situation and held me in His arms many nights.
He was truly a 'father to the fatherless and a defender of widows' (psalms 68:5) My girls clung to him, giving him their tiny hearts and calling Him their Daddy in heaven. And I learned how to cling to him as my husband during those next 4 years. 
My hope with this blog is to help you do the same by using examples from my own life and scripture from the bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment