Saturday, January 24, 2015

Longing



          


                          Longing
"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things"  Psalms  107:9
I had so many longings. For so long I prayed for my family to be reunited.  And now the divorce was final.  I still longed for my now ex to come to repentance and true saving knowledge.  I longed for my children to be happy, whole and healed.  For them to move past the divorce.   I longed for Sam to be released from his anger.   But, mostly, I longed for more of the Lord. 
I long for more intimacy with the Lord.  I am hungry for more time with the Lord. Scattered minutes here and there, caught in short snatches of time.  I am hungry for the word and time spent with you in prayer.  The word promises that you will draw near to us as we draw near to you.  I long for that.

Father,
Help me to find time as a single mom to do this.  Because doing this, is all that will heal my broken heart and home.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment