Friday, January 16, 2015

Resentment and feelings of guilt


I think my anger at the time came in part from feelings of being forced into an area of study I did not want to be in.  I didn't want to be a  bookkeeper or an accountant. I wanted to be a writer, an English teacher or a sports reporter.  I resented being into a position where I felt I had no choices.  And everyone else was making them for me.
I was angry at myself for giving up on my dreams and marrying Robb
I was angry at myself for not listening to my friends, family or even God when they all told me not to marry him.
I was angry at myself for staying as long as I did.
I am angry at myself for feeling guilty for getting divorced.
These were feelings I had when my girls were little.  It took me a couple years to get past the feelings of guilt.   I  worked through my anger at being forced into a career I didn't want by my dad, and giving up on being a writer. 
I really resented my ex-husband for putting me in a position where I felt I had no choices. In anything.
I worked as a bookkeeper for 7 years before going on disability.  Since that time I have been casually writing but always enjoying Meg, Layni, and Sam.  Finally the doors are opening for me to write.
When the kids were little I had to focus on them.  They had to be taken care of and they were because I had good paying jobs.  Now I have time to minister to people with my writing. I am thankful of all the experiences I had while the kids were growing up.  I love them more for having those experiences. And we have all grown from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment