Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Heavenly Husband Provided



We were having a series of meetings at church. Every night for 10 days. I was in the Adult Masters Commisson  so I was required to attend.  I would have gone anyway.  I loved when our church had a special guest . It was incredible for me to be able to hear the word from someone else and get a fresh perspective.

It was the last night Ian and Yon were there. (I don't remember there last name) They were evangelist who had grown up in South Africa.  I had very little gas and very little money. At the time I drove a Geo Metro and gas was cheaper.  So the $5 in my pocket would get me 2 days gas.

The girls and I ate dinner and headed of to church.  We sang songs along with the christian station and laughed with each other when someone made a mistake.  We pulled into church 5 minutes early, late for me, and took the kids to class, then took my seat up front.

It was an incredible service, just as the previous two nights had been.  But when the offering time came God said to put the $5 in. Are you nuts God? Was my first instinctive reaction to that prompt from the Holt Spirit  Quietly He repeated, put in your $5.  Taking a deep breath, Ok, I said. You've been  providing for me as a husband should so I will choose to trust you in this.  When it came to me, I dropped in the five and whispered a prayer for provision.

Before we left church that night, a gentleman I had seen around, but didn't know yet, pressed a bill into my hand.  "God told me you need this" was all he said. I thanked him and put it in my pocket without even looking at it.

We drove to get gas, I was expecting a $5 in return for the Five I had given in obedience.  But oh no. That is not the God I love and serve.  That was not my Heavenly Husband that night.  I was given a $20.  Which filled my tank to overflowing and got each of the girls a sundae at McDonalds that night  My husband came thru for me that night and many other times.  I was never left wanting.

My sister reading this and doubting Gods goodness and love for you.  He will never leave you wanting either.  He will always be your more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment